Roller Skating Training Camp Starts April 20
Whether you want to join the Hel’z Belles or just want to get in shape on skates, this is the training camp for you.
Runs: April 20 – June 8 (Optional White Star Test: June 15)
When: Thursday nights (with open skate on Monday nights)
Where: Salvation Army Gym at 1905 Henderson St
Who: Girls or guys over the age of 18 years old
Cost: $80 + $50 deposit for skates/gear
What you’ll get:
- Access to skates and gear on Monday and Thursday nights from 7:15 – 9:15 during the program.
- Coaching/training of basic roller skating skills including how to stop, how to fall safely, proper stance, cross-overs, skating backwards and more!
- Access to a private Facebook group to learn and grow from your peers.
- Learn the rules of the fast-growing sport of flat track roller derby.
- Learn how you can become a part of a roller derby bout through refereeing and being a non-skating official.
- Create your own unique roller derby alter-ego.
- Burn calories while learning a fun new sport.
Come hang out with some of the hardest hitting girls in town. (Don’t worry we won’t hit you yet…)